To set up your email account in Outlook XP, follow these steps:
- Open Outlook XP and click Tools on the top menu.
- Click Email Accounts and the Email Accounts window will appear.
- Under the heading Email, place a dot next to Add a new e-mail account. Click Next.
- A window with “Server type” listed at the top will appear, place a dot next to POP3. Click Next.
- A window with Internet E-mail Settings (POP3) at the top will appear.
- Under the heading User Information, there is an open field for your name. Here you would type the name you wish for recipients of the email to see when they receive messages from you. There is an open field for Email Address. In this field, type your complete email address in all lowercase letters (ex: usename@domainname).
- Under the heading “Server Information”, there is an open field for Incoming mail server. Type your incoming mail server in all lowercase letters (ex: pop.domainname). There is an open field for Outgoing mail server. Type your outgoing mail server in all lowercase letters in this field (ex: mail.domainname).
- Under the heading “Logon Information”, there is open field for username. Type your username in lowercase letters (this is everything listed before the @ symbol in your email address). There is an open field for password. Type the password that was provided when setting up the email address. Place a check in the Remember Password check box. Do not place a check in the log on using secure password authentication (SPA) check box. Click Next.
- The next window will display “Congratulations: You have successfully entered all the information to setup you account. To close the wizard click Finish”. Click Finish.