To set up your email account in Outlook 2013, follow these steps:
- Open Outlook 2013 and click “File” on the top menu.
- Click “Account Settings” and then click “Add Account.”
- Click the option “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” box. Click Next.
- Place a dot next to “Internet Email” and click Next.
- A window with “Internet E-mail Settings” at the top will appear.
- Under the heading User Information,” there is an open field for your name. Here you will type the name you wish for recipients of the email to see when they receive messages from you. There is an open field for “Email Address.” In this field, type your complete email address in all lowercase letters (ex: usename@domainname).
- Under the heading “Server Information”, select the “POP3” option from the available drop down menu. There is an open field for “Incoming mail server.” Type your incoming mail server in all lowercase letters (ex: pop.domainname). There is an open field for “Outgoing mail server.” Type your outgoing mail server in all lowercase letters in this field (ex: mail.domainname).
- Under the heading “Logon Information”, there is open field for username. Type your username in lowercase letters (this is everything listed before the @ symbol in your email address). There is an open field for password. Type the password that was provided when setting up the email address. Place a check in the Remember Password check box. Click Next.
- The next window will display “Congratulations: You have successfully entered all the information to set up your account. To close the wizard click Finish”. Click Finish.