I have a router and compatible adapters. Now, how do I set up my wireless home network?
The steps below offer general instructions for setting a wireless network in your home. Please be aware that some steps may vary depending on the type of router and computer equipment you have. It is important note that all the devices you intend to connect to your wireless home network must have wireless adapters. To view instructions that are specific to your particular router, please refer to the user guide your received with your router or follow the manufacturer links in the Helpful Links section at the bottom of this page.
- Turn off all devices (desktop computers, laptop computers, broadband modem, printers) and unpack wireless router
- Connect the broadband modem to the wireless router with an Ethernet cable
- Power on the broadband modem
- Power on the wireless router
- Power on desktop and notebook computers and printers
- Test connection and proceed to Wireless Network Security steps
- What is SSID and how do I know which one belongs to my network?
- Linksys: Build My Wireless Network
- D-Link: Technical Support Options
- Netgear: Support Pages for Your Specific Router Model
- Netgear: Troubleshoot Wireless Networks