To set up a User Account in Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard, follow these seps:
1. Choose the type of account from the New Account pop-up menu:
- Administrator: An administrator can create and delete accounts, install software, change system settings, and change the settings of other users.
- Standard: A regular user account. A standard user can only install software for the user account, can’t make changes to locked system preferences, or create accounts.
- Managed with Parental Controls: An account that has limited privileges that are managed by Parental Controls.
- Sharing Only: Can only access files in a specified location. Cannot change files on the computer or log in at the login window.
- Group: An account that consists of selected users.
2. Enter the user’s name.
3. If you don’t want to use the short name created automatically, type a new short name. Note: After the account is created, you won’t be able to change the short name.
4. Enter a password for the user in the Password field, and then enter it again in the Verify field.
5. Enter a hint for the password in the Password Hint field.
6. If you concerned about security and want the user’s home folder to be encrypted, select the “Turn on FileVault protection” checkbox.
7. Click Create Account.