These instructions should be followed when you wish to install a printer that will be connected directly to the network, rather than connected to a single computer. Before you start the installation, be certain that you know the name of the printer that you want to install and share with other computers on your network. To find the printer name, look to see if the name is posted on the printer itself, contact the printer owner or contact your network administrator.
Once you have the name of the printer, follow these steps:
- Open Printers by clicking on the Start button. Then click Control Panel, then click Hardware and Sound and then click Printers.
- Click Add a Printer.
- In the Add Printer Wizard, select Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer
- In the list of available printers, click on the one you wish to add and click Next. Note that if your computer is connected to a network, only the printers listed in Active Directory for your domain are displayed in the list.
- If prompted, install the printer driver on your computer. You may also be prompted to enter an administrator password or confirmation.
- Complete the additional steps in the Add Printer Wizard as prompted and then click Finish.