Effective October 24th, 2012, email accounts at the following domains will be deactivated:
The following FAQ has been provided to assist you in transitioning to your new Altitude Communications email address. If you have any questions or need assistance with your new email account or moving data from your old account, please contact Technical Support at 800-810-9844.
- Will I still be able to access my old email account?
Yes, but you will only be able to do so until October 24th.
- Is there anything that I need to complete prior to October 24th?
Prior to October 24th, you should let your current email contacts know that you are changing your email address and that they should start sending email messages to your new address.
- What is my new email address?
Your new email address is your current email@example.com. For example, if your old email address was firstname.lastname@example.org, your new email address is now email@example.com.
- What is my new password?
Please refer to the email that you received from Altitude Communications for your new password.
- How do I change my new password to something else?
- Once logged into your account, click the gear icon in the upper right, then click Settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import menu heading and click “Change password” in the Change Account Settings section.
- Enter your current password and then enter and confirm your new password. Click Save.
You can refer to these secure password guidelines when creating your new password.
- What if I use an email client such as Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird to access my email? Will I need to make any changes?
Your incoming (POP) and outgoing (SMTP) server settings will not change, but you do need to change the email address and password in the e-mail client you are using.
- Will I have access to my old email account and messages after October 24th?
You will be able to check email on your old account up until October 24th. After that time, you will no longer have access to your old email account. It’s our intention to move the messages that are on your old email account over to your new email account at that time, although this may take a few days. You may want to check your email on your old address one last time on the 24th before you lose access to that account.
- Will my Google Contacts be moved?
We are not able to move your contacts in your Contact List if you have any. However, you can export your contacts to a CSV file from your old account, and then import them into your new account.
- In your old Google Contacts list, click the “More” button at the top of the list and select “Export”.
- You can then export all of your contacts as a Google CSV file and save it to your computer.
- To import that file to your new account, log in to your new email account, go to your new Contacts list, click “More,” select “Import,” and choose the CSV file that you exported from your old account.
- What about Google Calendars?
We are unable to move your calendar. Prior to October 24th you should make a note of any upcoming events on your calendar so you can recreate the events on your new calendar.
- Will I still have access to my Google Documents on Google Drive?
We are unable to move your Google docs; however, if you have any files that you have created or stored on Google Docs (Google Drive), you can share those files with your new account.
- Select the files you want to share by checking the box to the left of the file name.
- Then, click the “Share” button, which is the left-most button above the check boxes.
- In the box that opens, type your new email address in the “Add People” field.
- You may receive a message that asks whether you are sure you want to share with this address. Click Yes.
- Once you’ve shared the files, you will need to access your new email account, and click the Drive option in the top menu bar.
- On the right of the page under the Drive menu, click the Shared with Me option and all of the files/folders that have been shared with your new email account will display.
- Select the files that have been shared with you, click “More” and then click “Download.”
- Choose the format to which the files should be downloaded and click “Download.”
- If you are downloading multiple files, the files may be downloaded into a .zip folder. Save the files to your computer.
- On the right of the Drive menu, click “Upload,” then “Files,” and upload the files into your “My Drive.”
More information on sharing documents can be found here: http://support.google.com/drive/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2494822&rd=1