How many of you opened a shiny, new Windows 8 laptop this past Christmas? Was it what you were expecting or were you totally shocked? Microsoft did a vast makeover on its Windows operating system with the inception of Windows 8, and you may not have known where to begin or even if you wanted to begin! If you’re here, we’re assuming that you decided to take a plunge into the unknown and get to know your Windows 8 computer. Since we thought you could use a helping hand to get you through the new year, here are a few quick tips to help you get started:
- How do I use the Charms in Windows 8?
- There’s no start button. How do I use the Start Screen?
- How can I get back to my desktop?
- How do I access the Control Panel in Windows 8?
- How do I search for files in Windows 8?
- How can I access Help and Support in Windows 8?
- How do I shut down my Windows 8 computer?